Every guild member is encourage to enter as many 12" x 12" quilts as they like.
There are 12 different themes, but beyond that, it's up to you what you make. All finished quilts must measure 12 inches tall by 12 inches wide.
If you're looking for inspiration you could browse this book:
Twelve by Twelve - the International Art Quilt Challenge
We have a copy in our guild library - just ask for it.
Entry forms will be emailed out to members, and available at club meetings, closer to the time. However, all the information on the entry form is shown below here:
12 x 12 Exhibition
Capital Quilters Exhibition Entry Form
31st July to 13 August 2017Please complete one form for each 12x12 entered
Category: Please circle which category you are entering this 12x12 into
2. Flora & Fauna
3. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
4. Round the World
6. Through the Lens
Are you a first time entry for a Capital Quilters Exhibition
Inspiration for design
Please provide a brief description of what inspired you with this design
Ranking 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
First entry free, any subsequent entry is $2 per quilt $2
Conditions of Entry
1. Entry is only open to financial members of Capital Quilters
2. Quilts should have a label on the back with the quilter's name and the category
they are entering, with a piece of fabric pinned over the tip of the label to cover
label during judging
3. Each 12 x 12 can only be entered in 1 category.
4. Finished quilt measure 12 x 12 inches with everything on it contained in this
space. Eg nothing can be hanging over.
5. Insurance is the responsibility of the quilt owner
6. Every submitter is to rank their entries in order of preference for hanging 1 to
12. If exhibition space is limited higher number quilts may not be hung.
7. Quilt inspiration please supply a brief explanation of your inspiration for the quilt
and any other intersting details, eg patterns, artists, other quilters etc)
8. Delivery of quilts for entry is at the May and June Capital Quilters club meeting
9. Hanging instructions please attach a safety pin (not less than 4 cm) in each top
corner. The safety pins will not be returned.
10.Any queries regarding entry of 12x12 exhibition contact any of the organising
a. Janet Evans 021 1276461
b. Lesley Masters 021 394884
c. Vicki Dadd 022 1565466
d. Jill Nickel 570 1950
e. Kerry Stewart 027 4461146
11.First entry is free and subsequent entries will incur of a cost of $2
12.No entries will be accepted after 4pm at the June meeting 2017
13.Quilts need to be collected by yourself or a nominated person on 13 August
between 1pm and 3pm.